Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Seriously? Day

Things are getting complicated with our potential credit transfers from our Sophia courses back to UVa. Here's hoping it all works out as it should. I had all my homework done and then that needed dealing with... ya just can't catch a break in this program!

Today was:
  • Awful kanji day
  • Might have failed a quiz
  • Enjoyed studying in the big quiet library
  • Learned a little bit of breakdancing
  • Can't believe I learned a little bit of breakdancing
  • Got reaaally reaaallly frustrated at one part of breakdancing I just couldn't comprehend
  • Reeeaalllly hate the feeling of not being able to comprehend
  • Ate ice cream at every meal today
  • Took Midol for the first time, is miracle, am hooked
  • Got cheap katsudon from the Shop 99, surprisingly delicious and filling, and cheap
  • Actually got almost all of my homework done before midnight
  • Room's still a disaster
  • Was proactive
  • Want something done right so I'm doing it myself
  • Doing something right means 3am bedtime this time
  • Better than not getting what you paid for

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie, we are still studying from our IN A PIT WITH A LION ON A SNOWY DAY and I am lovin' it. Here are some points from our last week's lesson that may or may not be helpful to you: Opportunities often look like insurmountable obstacles. Someday we may be as grateful for the bad things as the good things, because the bad things helped prepare us for the good things. We should stop asking God to get us out of difficult circumstances and start asking Him what He wants us to get out of those difficult circumstances. Prayer is less about changing our circumstances and more about changing our perspective. Worship is forgetting about WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU AND REMEMBERING WHAT'S RIGHT ABOUT GOD.........Love you and take care of yourself Rhonda

Unknown said...

Naaats,

Don't be freaking out! I hope that you are enjoying Japan more than disliking your Kanji classes! Are you learning tons of Japanese? Are you a mangaka yet? I voted for an Environmental Referendum at school today! Woot for the Environment! I need to learn Spanish on the fly, yo. Study hard and enjoy Tokyo!

natalie said...

Hahaa..

It's not so much freaking out or being worried about what's going to happen..it's more... it's not right. It's not how we were told things would work, and it's not fair, and we're not paying for/working our butts off to not get the credit we've earned. Aaaand I feel like I need to stand up for that =)