Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nothing Day

First off, I've added a little widget on the side of the blog that tells you what time it is in Japan! Totally awesome!

So today I didn't really do anything! Some of the gang was going to Harajuku for shopping, but in the interest of saving money, staying out of the rain, and resting up for the first day of classes tomorrow, I opted out.

Greg and I ran to Yaoko around lunchtime to get groceries and lunch. I got my standard tonkatsu on a bun with some good sauce, with a weird bread thing with hot dog in it.. and a chocolate-filled croissant for dessert! Dessert is becoming more and more important these days.

I also got an umbrella while it was there to replace my broken one since it was raining! I figured I would end up with a super girly cute pink polka-dot one, but the pickings at Yaoko were slim and I ended up choosing a classy sort of old-lady one that has pale green flowers and a tan handle. I'm actually quite fond of it.

I wanted to pick up a sketchbook while I was there, but my choice was limited to either individual sheets of nice drawing paper, or cheap ones with cartoon characters on the front. I opted for the cheapest, which is like a little kids coloring book and has pictures of babies on the front or something, until I find a place that isn't a supermarket to buy something a little better. When I got home, I wanted to draw some, so I curled up in bed to do so. After sketching one small picture, I decided to lay down instead ^^; Originally I had vowed for no naps today so I can get up early tomorrow for class, but, that just didn't work out. I took about a two hour nap with some wild dreams about flying houses!

The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful. I spent a while doing some stretching and exercise though. I can do a two-minute plank at the end of my workout, which is good for me =) Maybe I'll have it up to three by the end of the semester! That would be something. I want to start keeping track of how close to touching my toes I get over the semester if I keep up my exercise and stretching. For those of you who don't know, I'm very very unflexible. There's never been a time in my life that I can remember being able to touch my toes. That always sucked in P.E. class. I blame it on my uncommonly long legs. My toes are just too far away! But... studying abroad is a time to reinvent yourself! I'm going to try and become the girl who isn't unable to touch her toes!

I met Greg and Hunter in the kitchen for dinner, which was basically us heating up all of our frozen/instant items, haha. I had a package of what I'm assuming were read as "Niku dongo" which I took to mean meat dumpling. They were basically meatballs. I put them with some instant ramen and it wasn't half bad. Nothing special. I'm not a big instant anything, except for the ramen that you actually cook in a pot because you have a little bit more control over how good it's going to taste. We all just watched delicious meals being cooked on TV for celebrity guests, including a three-egg katsudon....zomg....

Now it's time for head to bed since we'll be leaving for Sophia at 7:45-7:50 for our 9:15 class tomorrow! Sorry this post was a little dull. Next time it's a dull day, I plan on starting a new line of posts that focus on a specific part of life here, like the way they deal with trash sorting! There just wasn't time tonight as I need to go to bed. But if you're looking for more study abroad thrills and chills, head over to Greg's blog and check out episode 2 of our podcast (it's a little ways down in the posts now)! It was recorded on our third day here about, so it's a little old, but it's quite entertaining. Goodnight everyone!

No comments: