Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kanji Day

Continuing with the short posts, here's a list of things I learned today:

  • The nice lady we met during the train delay yesterday actually lives on our street, and is eager to show us around Saitama and speak English with us.
  • The best part about having a big blanket on the floor is that I can just throw clothes and stuff there when I don't have time to deal with them, just like I'm used to doing haa.
  • Learning to dance makes it hard to walk.
  • Kanji day is the worst day.
  • Sometimes you stereotype people, and they end up surprising you. Other times you stereotype people and they end up being dead on and so you get a photo taken with them to remember them by.
  • There's too much homework and not enough time to do it.
  • How to do some locking (dance).
  • Locking is really fun.
  • Locking is difficult and too fast.
  • It's fun to watch skilled people lock.
  • "Lock" in Japanese pronunciation not only sounds like "rock", but also the Japanese word for "six."
  • Sukiya has coupons.
  • Now I have coupons (thanks again Jeannette!)
  • I know less kanji than a lot of the kids in class.
  • Four raisin croissants is an adequate breakfast.
  • A four raisin croissant breakfast every morning is gonna add up.
  • The gaijin card looks nice.
  • The weather is warming up.
  • Sometimes new shirts you buy without trying on fit better than you expect them to and turn out to be a great purchase.
  • I didn't bring enough T-shirts/sweatpants to be in a dance club.
  • Fashion tennis shoes are not proper athletic or fitness footwear.
  • I miss Nick a lot.
  • Bananas at Shop 99 are actually a lot cheaper than the ones we bought off the street.
  • Warabi station is a lot farther away that it looks, especially if you walk yourself around in a circle first (sorry again guys!)
  • I could probably make it to bed before midnight if I'd use my time a little more wisely.
  • Just one game of spider solitaire to unwind can last a long time.
  • Blogging, in any form, takes too long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha.....I remember when David and I quit blogging...it was right around the time that our classes started punching us in the face! ^^;; I purposely dropped down to a lower Kanji level so that I wouldn't have to study as much...and am I glad I did! Ganbate yo! Learn lots of Kanji so that you can read me the Japanese newspaper when I get there!