Friday, May 2, 2008

I <3 Friday Day

Friday morning was finishing up homework on the train morning, and I got it all done! Awesome! Then we had Kobayashi sensei for the first half of class. It was fine and normal at first, but then we were supposed to move on to using the grammar book which almost nobody brought, including me, aaand apparently we were supposed to have already done the like 6 pages of exercises in that book, which almost nobody had done, including me. I don't ever remember him telling us to do those before hand and we did them in class last week... I was panicking the whole time because he was calling on people to read the sentences and what they filled in the blanks, and not only did I have no clue on most of them, they were all full of kanji I didn't know! So as soon as I knew I wasn't called on for one sentence, I would rush to start looking up all the kanji in the next sentence in case he called on me. Miraculously, out of like 6 pages I didn't get called on (I think maybe he was trying to stick to the people who had actually done the exercises in advance, and I clearly looked like I hadn't, haha), but needless to say I didn't learn a THING in that class because, once again, looking up kanji overrode listening to Kobayashi's helpful grammar points. *sigh*

I got to take a nap during the break between the two halves of class which was super nice, and it felt way longer than 15 minutes =) The second half of class wasn't bad at all. It was the ridiculous Noguchi sensei who always says something or does something hilarious. That class always seemed to be too laid back and drug out though. We did some simple listening practice for a loooong time and then we continued a video that we had started last class. It was by some famous sci fi author guy I think? It was about the idea that in the future, you could have a lock on your door or bag or something that was voice activated (in this case, represented by a large human ear model, creepy) and you used a word or phrases only you knew. (As Noguchi pointed out though, someone could hear you saying it though...) But then they had a really cute little mini-drama about a couple who gets in a fight and the girlfriend changes the password to her house. It was so sweet and the ending made me tear up in class ^^;;;; I need to gain more control over my emotions, haha.

The end of this class marked the beginning of Golden Week for me! It's just a week in Japan where a lot of their national holidays and stuff happen to fall, so I think maybe a lot of kids get off school the whole week or some people get off work. We get Monday and Tuesday off from school which is amaaazziing. I'm still trying to decide if I want to try and travel anywhere, but for now I'm just taking advantage of the free time to do things I want to do and get caught up on some studying.

After some lunch and computer labbing I went on home for the day and took a celebratory nap from 4:00pm to 6:00pm which was a great idea if I may say so. I needed that nap! Then I managed to feel motivated enough to clean my room and blog! Wow! The rest of the evening was spent eating dinner, getting my butt kicked at Smash on N64 (aahh it feels like such a different game.. I was embarassed), and talking to Nick. And that's about all that happened on Friday!

No comments: