Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 Months!

Happy 3 Month Anniversary to us!

In celebration, here's that photos-only post I promised =) Photos of the Tokyo Toy Show will be next post!


The view from the 8th floor of the library, where I usually like to study! It's beautiful when it's not raining =)

A crepe from the crepe place in the station. The insides were great, but the crepe part was kind of tasteless.

A big lion statue on a building! This is in Kawaguchi, next to the arcade I usually observe for my class.
Here's some of the food from the really nice 1st year lock nomikai!

Ansen and Kay choosing drinks

Hunter and Jiro

Me and Diana!

Me and my new friends Emi and Mai!

My knees after learning the lock routine. Yeaah.. there was a ridiculous fall that had no trick to lessening the pain, except to not do it much until the day of the performance. Oof. Needless to say I bought kneepads after that.

The eel dinner I got with Greg and Jen for our two month anniversary!

Hunter and Kay

This is a famous statue in Shibuya of a dog named Hachiko. The story goes that after Hachiko's owner died, the dog continued its routine of waiting for him at the station every evening, for 10 years. The Hachiko statue is a well-known place for people to meet up when they leave Shibuya station.

A big ad for the new Indiana Jones movie in Shibuya.

Ansen in line to get into Studio Coast for our performance, eating a bento like some busy salaryman!

Studio Coast, aka ageHa! Party People!


Jen and I after a VERY long week and performance day... my makeup turned into zombie eyes.

Speed Racer poster in Ikebukuro station, woooooooo!!


The ice cream place that Jeannette and Julie and I went to in Ikebukuro, called Milky

This isn't the one we got, but if I go again this is the one I'm getting.

Everything was star-themed! I thought this lamp tower thing next to us was really cool..

..so I took two photos of it!


Jeannette and Julie!

Our crazy ice cream dish! I think it was the Gemini? It was banana-chocolate themed. That spaghetti looking stuff on the outside was some kind of banana foam! Weird! And those brown things seemed to be azuki beans without any sweetening......you can pass on those if you get this dish, haha. Whose crazy idea...


Cute!!

Hahahaha

We also had to get two pieces of cake so we were all paying customers. This is the aftermath. I should go back and steal that star-shaped dish........


Come see scenic Kawaguchi! You can see this crazy water sculpture from the train, so I went to go check it out!

Turns out there's a huge nature trail in Kawaguchi and it's really pretty! Here's a waterfall they made I guess!


On an unrelated note... I was disappointed when I bought these Country Ma'am cookies and opened them up only to reveal that each cookie was individually wrapped. Sure, I guess it keeps them soft. Sure, I guess it makes them easy to put in a lunchbox or something. But for as particular as they are about separating trash and stuff like that, they suuuure don't hold back when it comes to packaging. (They were delicious though. Thanks Country Ma'am, whoever you are.)

1 comment:

Judy McPeak said...

Natalie - sounds like things are going better for you and I'm glad. I was very worried after your introspective post and even had my hubby read it. I wanted to think about my response before posting and then, of course, got too busy and forgot! Talk about being unfocused. Things should be calmer at the office now that it is summer, but, nope, things are still crazy busy. Did I tell you that I have been saving a copy of the Cav Daily for you that has your name in an ad from the band naming all the section leaders, etc? Thought you might want it for your scrap book. Hope your last few weeks are fun and that you leave Japan with no regrets about your experience. No regrets, girl!!!
Best,
Judy